But what are transferable skills? Also known as ‘portable skills’, transferable skills are qualities that can be applied from one job to another.
By studying a degree focused on developing those transferable skills, you’ll be prepared for all types of careers when you graduate.
According to the World Economic Forum*, employers are looking for graduates with skills in:
- analytical thinking and innovation
- complex problem-solving
- critical thinking and analysis
- active learning and learning strategies
- leadership and social influence
- creativity, originality and initiative
- resilience, stress tolerance and ﬂexibility
- emotional intelligence
- systems analysis and evaluation
- persuasion and negotiation.
*Source: Future of Jobs Report 2020, World Economic Forum
Now, more than ever, employers are looking for skilled thinkers and doers, those who can think outside the box and creatively solve complex issues.