The Gender, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (GIDE) Committee was established to inform, lead and implement a range of strategic priorities for CMPH at Flinders University to provide a safe, collegial and fair environment that is characterised by equity, respect and inclusivity. The committee has developed a GIDE strategy for the College to frame this work (link) and seeks to work alongside and in support of the Reconciliation Action Plan.
Key functions of the committee are to:
- Oversee the development and implementation of CMPH GIDE priorities and action plans
- Monitor CMPH performance on GIDE measures and recommend priority targets for improvement.
- Identify and prioritise new initiatives to improve Inclusion, Diversity and Equity across CMPH and Flinders University.
- Consider matters put forward relating to policies, practices and initiatives relevant to staff and student equity, diversity and social inclusion.
- Consider and report on matters referred to it from by the VPED, Dean P & R.
The committee has established a number of working groups to progress its work. This currently includes:
- Promotions and Leadership
- Metrics and Evaluation
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Staff
- Professional staff
- Relative to opportunity considerations
- LGBTQIA+ staff
The committee has undertaken a range of activities over recent years including implementing a promotion support scheme for women and diverse staff, developing Relative to Opportunity promotions and grant assessment guidelines, celebrating important events (e.g. International Women’s Day, Pride in STEM), contributing to the CMPH anti-racism strategy, and providing input to other committees and CMPH Executive.
For more information, please contact Anna Ziersch or Paula Redpath